Week 11 in Review: International Perspectives

How was this the second-to-last week of the summer semester already? I have no idea what's going on anymore. I have had the wildest time during this pandemic trying to manage coursework along with the ballooning amount of work that I have had to do for my full-time job, not just this past semester but in the spring as well. I knew graduate school was going to be challenging but I was not expecting it to be like this! I feel like a juggler in a circus act sometimes. 

This past week I completed my produsage assignment, which was a lot more difficult than I was anticipating. I kept changing my mind on which tool I wanted to use, what features of the tool I wanted to implement, etc. I think it is decent but I have taken a look at some of the other produsage projects that others have shared within the discussion board set up for next week and I am blown away by them. I have had to remind myself multiple times this semester that I need to strive for completion, not perfection, and this was definitely another instance like that. 

I wish that I could say that I am looking forward to the PLN assignment and thus the completion of EME6414 next week but I'm not. I feel like there's so much more on this subject that I want to learn more about, particularly the international aspect of it that we took a peek at this week. I imagine that things must move quickly when it comes to social media so there must be a lot of opportunity for more research and examination in this area. I think that we'll find that as time goes on, it is going to become more and more important to understand the link between social media and learning and the ramifications of using relatively public platforms for educational purposes.

Good luck on finishing the rest of the semester to my classmates! I will see you all soon!

"phone" by sepyle86 is licensed under CC PDM 1.0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Applying to Doctorate Programs: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Instructors and Instructional Designers: What's the Difference?

Collaborating with SMEs During the Design Process